When the trainee has reached their specified outcomes as defined in the plan and UCP Employment Staff is spending less than 25% supervision, the trainee is then employed independently. All individuals will continue to receive follow-along as long as they are employed and the individual and employer agree that follow along services are needed. Follow-Along Services can be provided by applying for services from the Department of Mental Health if not already on the roles of Albany Regional Center.
Ongoing records can/will be kept on:
- Date of employment
- Place of employment
- Work supervisor
- Rate of pay, hours, and benefits – yearly
- Work progress and performance (review when possible) – 3 months & yearly
- Special work considerations
- Satisfaction with job
- Employer termination reports when possible.
Follow-Along services are designed to help individuals retain employment. These may occur on or off site and involve one or more of the following:
- Department of Mental Health
- School district
- Support Staff / Caregiver
- Vocational Rehabilitation
The areas of support involve many different topics that can affect the success of a person on their job. These include but are not limited to: accuracy, advancement, attendance, behavior, hygiene, interaction, personal issues, production, punctuality, retraining, socialization, and transportation.